Featured Head of Transformation – Product Innovation
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
An academic publisher, with one of the most successful track records for growth over the last ten years, is looking for a Head of Transformation to explore new technologies to create product opportunities, gaining business insights and driving efficiencies across the business.
Industry Scholarly Publishing
Function Product Development
Type Full Time
Start Date ASAP
Reporting to the VP of Product Innovation, the main responsibilities include:
- Introducing technologies to support new product innovation and workplace automation, improving technical fluency in Editorial & PI
- Championing new technologies across Editorial to surface opportunities for workplace automation
- Supporting editorial teams with automation through light-weight applications that improve flow and automation
- Working with Journals and data scientists to deliver projects using data, turning information into knowledge
- Working with Software engineers to deliver technology strategies and delivery of products using key development principles
- Charting/exploring emerging technologies/industry start-up landscapes that may impact or offer business opportunities
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to run training, bringing in external speakers, building a technology-literate culture
- Representing the business externally through conferences, blog posts and beyond.
Successful candidates will have significant experience in leading product or software engineering teams and a deep understanding of web platforms and best practice in software and product development principles. A proven ability to understand new technologies and the ability to create, or direct the creation of proof of concept technical prototypes are required. Academic publishing experience and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, building strong relationships and motivating and inspiring a team are essential.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a performance-related bonus scheme, and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 545. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme – Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to email@example.com.